My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://meganstringfellow.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, August 7

Exotique Dancer Part III (I am a fickle artist)

Part I
Part II
Part III

16. If there is one thing you learn from this WIP, it is that I am a fickle, fickle artist. I am constantly changing things, so that often, my finished picture looks nothing like the original sketch when I am done. So....

Here, I've repainted the eyes...AGAIN (sheesh!!) This time though, I'm completely happy with them. And then, I compeletly redid the nose too. It is much better now. Shoot, I just realized that there is no casted shadow underneath the nose (I have to go fix that!) Anywhoo...redid the face. Ya. Moving on. (this "tutorial" is rapidly losing all intellectual value)








17. Okay, time to work on her skirt some. And surprise surprise, I changed it. And the colors. =p I like the flow of this one much better then the first. First, I blocked in the shape of the skirt with one, mid-tone color. Then I went back and started laying down the dark shapes for my shadows, and light shapes for the high lights. Its rough, but I just want to get the shape and flow of the skirt well defined before I start detailing it.

I've also tried to add some more movement with her hair.










18. Okay, I justed the heal brush to blend things together a little bit. Its really smugdy and rough now, but I will go back over it with a regular paint brush to bring back the highlights and shadows.



19. Okay, so here we are at the end of day three. I've started to define the shape of the skirt some more. Also, I changed the background colors. Some time soon, I'm going to have to start thinking about what I want to do for the background. =p

No comments: