My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://meganstringfellow.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 4

Licensing

So, I want to learn more about licensing my work to companies (cards, journals, etc), but for some reason, I'm just having a hard time figuring out how to do that. I think part of it may be mental, I keep second guessing myself, feeling like my work isn't good enough, that I need more, fresher material before I can be successful. But I going to keep feeling that way forever if I don't get out there and do something.

So now I need to figure out were I should start looking. But I really don't know. TreeFreeGreetings is the type of company I need to be looking for, but frankliy, I feel totally outclassed by the other artists.

There is some basis to my fears, to be successful at licensing, you have to have a great number of people that want to buy your work. I don't think I have that yet. I still need to work on a following of loyal fans. So I'll keep researching, and in the meantime, just keep making art, and putting it out there.

No comments: