My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://meganstringfellow.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, December 4

An exercise in patience

So I'm trying something new with my art...patience. I'm a girl who wants results fast...you know, and instant gratification kinda person. But I realized that when this comes to art, its not always a good thing to rush through a drawing/painting/whatever. [Some times it is a good thing, don't get me wrong, but when thats always what you do...not a good thing.] So I started a large scale sci-fi painting in photoshop that i'm forcing myself to take forever on. And by forever, I mean 12 or 13 hours, instead of the usual 1 or 2. And so far, I'm happy with the results. I'm not done yet or anything. And it has been a struggle to make myself take my time with this one. Sigh. I have a short attention spand. But I'm not alowing myself to work on anything else (except Storyboards) until this is done.

No comments: